2018 Montana Advanced Placement Summer Institute
To help Montana high schools and teachers implement and build quality AP® programs that
• Foster student engagement.
• Develop college/career-ready students.
• Prepare students for success on AP® exams.
Five subject areas
• AP® Calculus AB with Karen Sleno
• AP® Chemistry with Ken Porush
• AP® English Literature and Composition with J. Ryan Hoague
• AP® Spanish Language and Culture with Sandra Franco
• AP® United States Government and Politics with Anthony Dalasio
All presenters fully endorsed by the College Board.
Plan to participate if you
• Want to teach an AP® course in the near future.
• Are currently teaching an AP® course and want to hone your skills.
• Need to update your skills and/or syllabus for an AP® course, especially AP® United States Government and Politics—a course that will have a new format and exam for school year 2018-19.
• Serve as a distance learning facilitator for an AP® course through Montana’s Digital Academy or other provider.
• Want to upgrade your marketability in the teaching profession.
Each of the five workshops will support the needs of both new and experienced AP® teachers and are directed by exemplary consultants who have been selected for this work by the College Board. Full presenter biographies, workshop syllabi, supply lists, and schedules appear below.
Workshops are anticipated to fill up quickly, so register early to reserve your space. Each workshop is limited to 30 participants. Successful registrants will be notified by email. When a workshop is full, further registrants will be placed on a waiting list.
2018 Montana Behavioral Initiative (MBI) Summer Institute
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Check and Connect
- Creating a School Wide Discipline Plan in the Elementary
- Creating School Wide Discipline Plans for Secondary Schools
- Setting Up Positive Behavioral Supports in Early Childhood
- Behavioral Threat Assessments in Schools
- Social Media Investigations
- Alternatives to Suspension
- Helping Kids with Their Digital Reputation and Cyberbullying
- School Wellness—Moving Kids to Better Behavior
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Content area sessions in Reading, Math, and Science!
Our traditional 5 day schedule has been condensed into 4 power packed days.
Join us for special events!
- June 18th, 8:30 – 11:30AM., Join us for the opening keynote Supporting Mental Health in PBIS with Don Kincaid.
- June 18th, 4:30 – 5:30PM, It’s Movie Night with a special showing of Chasing the Dragon a wrenching portrait of the escalating opioid epidemic.
- June 19th, 4:30-6PM, Best Practices Expo featuring hors d’oeuvres, networking, and showcasing Montana MBI schools with music by Monte Selby
- June 21st, 1:15 – 4:15PM, The MBI exemplar awards for schools who have obtained excellence in their school implementing the MBI process.
- Opportunities for hikes and walks around Bozeman
Who Should Attend
General and special education teachers, parents, administrators, school psychologists and counselors, social workers, licensed professional counselors, mental health professionals, probation officers, police officers, university students and others concerned with children and behavior issues in classrooms, schools, and the community.