ENROLLMENT OPENS JULY 7, 2019 – STREAM: Developing Fraction Sense (3-5) (July 28- August 18, 2019)
This module examines learning progressions related to fractions with a focus on foundational ideas that promote fraction sense and understanding. Specific goals and activities include the following:
- Examine ways to develop “fraction sense.”
- Discover how learning progressions for K-2 geometry support the development of fraction knowledge in grades 3-5.
- Explore fraction equivalence and comparing and ordering fractions using a variety of models and manipulatives.
15 renewal units
Enrollment opens July 7, 2019.
Visit the STREAM: Developing Fraction Sense (3-5) on the Teacher Learning Hub to enroll.
ENROLLMENT OPENS MAY 12, 2019: STREAM: Fraction Models and Operations (3-5) (Jun. 2 – 22, 2019)
This course examines learning progressions and models related to operations on fractions. Another module, Developing Fraction Concepts 3-5, explores the meaning of “fraction” and fundamental concepts of equivalence and comparison. This module goes a step further to examine conceptual understanding of fraction operations and the models used to develop these concepts. Specific goals and activities include the following:
- Examine different types of conceptual models used to represent fraction operations.
- Discover how learning progression guide students’ developing knowledge of fraction operations in grades 3-5.
- Explore and apply fraction operations in real-world contexts.
Created by the STREAM project and facilitated by Tom Redmon, Daly Elementary School
15 Renewal Units
Enrollment opens – May 12, 2109
How to Enroll: Visit STREAM: Fraction Models and Operations (3-5) on the Teacher Learning Hub