2019 Montana Advanced Placement Summer Institute
MSU Billings’ Montana Center for Inclusive Education is hosting the 2019 Montana Advanced Placement Summer Institute June 24 to 27, 2019 at the MSU Billings campus. Graduate credits from MSU Billings or 30 OPI renewal units are available to those who attend the summer institute. Register here to attend the institute. Sessions for this year’s institute are art and design, biology, English language and composition, statistics, and world history. Visit the institute’s website for additional details and registration information.
2018 Montana Advanced Placement Summer Institute
To help Montana high schools and teachers implement and build quality AP® programs that
• Foster student engagement.
• Develop college/career-ready students.
• Prepare students for success on AP® exams.
Five subject areas
• AP® Calculus AB with Karen Sleno
• AP® Chemistry with Ken Porush
• AP® English Literature and Composition with J. Ryan Hoague
• AP® Spanish Language and Culture with Sandra Franco
• AP® United States Government and Politics with Anthony Dalasio
All presenters fully endorsed by the College Board.
Plan to participate if you
• Want to teach an AP® course in the near future.
• Are currently teaching an AP® course and want to hone your skills.
• Need to update your skills and/or syllabus for an AP® course, especially AP® United States Government and Politics—a course that will have a new format and exam for school year 2018-19.
• Serve as a distance learning facilitator for an AP® course through Montana’s Digital Academy or other provider.
• Want to upgrade your marketability in the teaching profession.
Each of the five workshops will support the needs of both new and experienced AP® teachers and are directed by exemplary consultants who have been selected for this work by the College Board. Full presenter biographies, workshop syllabi, supply lists, and schedules appear below.
Workshops are anticipated to fill up quickly, so register early to reserve your space. Each workshop is limited to 30 participants. Successful registrants will be notified by email. When a workshop is full, further registrants will be placed on a waiting list.