Perkins V legislation was passed last summer (2018), and this fiscal year (2019-2020) is Montana’s Transition year to work with schools on the changes within the new law. The Office of Public Instruction and the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education are offering schools the following training opportunities to learn more about the changes to the law.
All Workshops are scheduled afterschool or Sat AM, so you shouldn’t need substitute teachers. You may ask your Principal if Perkins funds are available for your travel, stipend, and meal (if traveling over lunch or dinner). No beverages or snacks will be served at these workshops.
Content to be covered
- Rigorous MT Career Pathways defined
- Alignment to Workforce labor needs
- Work-based Learning
- Dual Enrollment
- Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
- You are encouraged to look at the Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment prior to visiting. You can find it here. Hard copies will also be distributed.
- Data-driven Decision-making
- Continued Integration of Academics and CTE
Enrollment not required.