Dr. Arlene Alvarado, Rayelynn Brandl, Chris Doyle, and Abby Peltomaa of the Clark Fork Watershed Education Program (CFWEP) will provide contextual and experiential learning using watershed science as an integrating context. In addition, MPRES-OPI Trainers Chris Pavlovich, Judy Boyle, and Bill Stockton will facilitate lesson development and NGSS alignment. You’ll also tour the Clark Fork Watershed and learn how to conduct watershed-based studies.
- Learn about the restoration of the Clark Fork Watershed and practice watershed monitoring.
- Develop lessons using CFWEP curriculum to incorporate math and ELA into a cohesive unit.
- Create watershed education lessons that are adaptable to your place.
- Review CFWEP lesson plans available for your class.
- Work with area scientists who are studying Clark Fork Restoration.
- Tour the Clark Fork Watershed.
Note: An optional OPI Teacher Learning Hub course will follow this workshop. The course will include methods for leading authentic place-based research projects.