The Office of Public Instruction’s Assessment Division is offering a one-day workshop on assessment. The focus of this workshop will be on balanced assessments with the first half of the training emphasizing summative assessments to include an overview of statewide assessments, new additions (including the new Science assessment), protocol, and how to access data for decision-making processes. The latter half of the offered training takes a deep look into using interim assessments in the classroom via the Digital Library, which has been expanded this summer, complete with lesson plans available to address specific learning outcomes.
Topics to be covered:
- Overview of Statewide Assessments
- Assessment Accessibility and Test Security
- What’s new and Accessing the Data
- Interim Assessments and the Digital Library
- Hand-scoring Interim Assessments
- Using Interim Data to Guide Best Practices in the Classroom
This workshop will be led by OPI staff from the Assessment Division. Six (6) hours of OPI Renewal Units will be awarded to participants. One hour will be provided for lunch (on your own).
How to Enroll: Visit the Balanced Assessments registration webpage