OPI Teacher Learning Hub 2022-2023 Course Catalog
View the full OPI Teacher Learning Hub 2022-2023 Catalog by clicking this link.
Cybersecurity for K-12 Educators
The Montana Safe Schools Center at the University of Montana is offering a semester long asynchronous course on cybersecurity. The training course is available to K-12 school leaders, teachers, staff and IT professionals. Cybersecurity threats have been on the rise for public schools and Montana is no exception. This course will allow access to training in small rural school districts to help create learning, awareness and skills that can be incorporated to protect and keep school data safe.
Earners of the K-12 School Cybersecurity Certificate have fundamental understanding of national, state and school cybersecurity risk, threats and state level protections in place. Certificate earners have the ability to incorporate application of cybersecurity policy/training/protections into existing school protocol.
Visit the University of Montana Website to register.
Understanding and Supporting Students with Dyslexia and Other Reading Disabilities
Designed by consultant and literacy specialist, Genevieve Thomas (Spark Educational Consulting), in partnership with School Services of Montana, this asynchronous, online course engages you in learning experiences that support deepening your understanding of dyslexia, including how the reading process breaks down for individuals with dyslexia. Through videos, resource exploration, reading, and reflection, you will learn research-based best practices for supporting students with dyslexia and other reading disabilities, aligned with the Science of Reading, including instructional strategies, screening and assessment, accommodations, adaptive technology, and more!
How to register: Visit the registration website
AVID and Code.org Computer Science Professional Development
Bring computer science to your classroom!
Gain new teaching strategies, experience curriculum loved by students, get peer support through a participant-centric approach, and join an active community of computer science educators.
Check out the AVID and Code.org partnership website for regularly scheduled professional development opportunities. Scholarships are available!
Teaching Computer Science Discoveries
Code.org has free self-paced modules to get started teaching Computer Science Discoveries!
How to get started: Visit Teaching CS Discoveries website
New Standards for 2021: Overview and Implementation
This course will familiarize Montana educators with the five new or newly revised sets of standards that go into effect on July 1, 2021. You will learn how the standards overlap with one another and easily integrate with the school curricula program already in place!
How to enroll: visit the course on the Teacher Learning Hub
Creating An Online Environment Where All Students Thrive
Creating an online learning environment might be something completely new to you! This course is designed to provide strategies for creating online as well as in-class environments in which all students, K-12, have the opportunity to thrive. This course offers numerous strategies for practical use in the online and offline classroom from organization to collaboration to special needs, to enable you to maximize quality instructional time so all students may thrive in their school environment be it digital or not. A great course for teaching in any environment!
How to enroll: visit the course on the Teacher Learning Hub
N2X STEM Series Interactive Podcasts
Do you as an educator find yourself needing a convenient and meaningful way to complete renewal units to update your teaching certificate? Through our downloadable interactive audio you can listen anywhere, at any time to the content and conversations within STEM education. We offer 4 modules, each worth 5 renewal units – “Empathy and Equity in Education”, “Project-Based Learning”, “STEM Applications”, and “STEM Pathways”. This technology was developed to fit into the margins of your busy life. Listen while you drive, take a walk, or work around your house. The interactive features will ask questions, record your reflections on our servers for verification of completion, and link you to additional resources. When you have completed your desired renewal units, we verify your completion and issue you a Montana renewal unit certificate. It’s that easy!
Visit the N2X website for more information.
Microsoft Innovative Educator
Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE) training is a great way for educators to pave the way for better learning and student outcomes. There is a full library of resources available on the Microsoft Educator Center. During the training learn about the free Microsoft resources available for educators, parents, and students.
Below are examples of the most relevant themes based on hybrid learning needs that will be covered:
• Remote Learning with Teams for EDU: Staying connected with remote learning through Microsoft Teams and Microsoft 365. • Diversity and Inclusion: Differentiation in the classroom using the built-in tools in Microsoft 365 and Windows.
• Social & Emotional Learning (SEL): Minecraft: Education Edition Introduction to Game-Based Learning and Microsoft Teams
Visit the Microsoft Education Center website for more information.
PD Courses from Renew a Teaching License by Professional Learning Board
Renew a Teaching Licensure by the Professional Learning Board has 100% online professional development courses for Montana educators.
- MT Relicensure Course Package (60 hours): Includes 12 Self-Study courses (5 hours each) for a total of 60 Renewal Units to help teachers in Montana renew a teaching license. Learn instructional strategies to implement in a face-to-face, hybrid, or virtual classroom. Topics include: Classroom collaboration, curriculum development, formative assessment, inquiry-based learning, language acquisition, mathematics for all teachers, project management for students through project-based learning, reading across the curriculum, research-based instructional strategies, rubrics in teaching and learning, student-centered learning, and transformative classroom management.
- Individual Courses (5 hours each): 100% online and 5 Renewal Unit hours each. Start ANY time and no textbook is needed. Includes all content and access for 5 years. Get courses on technology, instructional strategies, special needs learners, and more!
- College Credit (15-20 hours): 100% online and semester college credits. $195 total cost. Start ANY time and no textbook is needed. Get an official transcript from a regionally accredited university. Explore courses on technology, instructional strategies, special needs learners, and more!