OPI Teacher Learning Hub 2022-2023 Course Catalog
View the full OPI Teacher Learning Hub 2022-2023 Catalog by clicking this link.
Data Informed: Introduction to GEMS
This introduction to the establishment and navigation of Montana’s education data warehouse ultimately sets the foundations for data use practices for informed school decision making. Whether intimidated by data or intimately involved with data in decision making, this introduction is intended to provide the background knowledge surrounding Montana’s collected education data for effective and efficient access by school leaders and educators. The updated GEMS website launched in February of 2021, therefore stakeholders familiar with the previous version of GEMS will find this course helpful in understanding the updates and changes to the new platform. In addition, stakeholders new to navigation and use of GEMS will utilize this course as a beginner’s guide.
How to Register: Visit the Course on the Teacher Learning Hub
MontCAS Test Security
The purpose of the “STC Workshop Series” is to provide each Montana school district System Test Coordinator (STC) with the opportunity to learn the “how-to’s” for each of the assessment-related components listed below. STC participants will leave this training series with content to complete the four required MontCAS testing plans (Test Administration Plan, Test Accessibility Plan, Test Security Plan, and Test Training Plan) and be provided with step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the various STC activities.
How to Register: Visit the Teacher Learning Hub
Professional Learning Communities for School Leaders
Interested in implementing PLCs but don’t know where to start? This introductory course provides the information and resources you need to explore and implement PLC’s in your school or district. With approximately 3 hours of learning over three course modules, you’ll be able to build background knowledge and gain the resources you need to get started, in bite-sized chunks. The three modules included are:
1) Why Implement PLCs
2) What is a PLC?
3) How to Implement PLCs This course could be taken on your own to support you with launching and leading professional learning communities, or you may wish to contact us to discuss professional learning support options to accompany this course.
How to register: Visit the registration website
Brain-based Literacy Instruction
Learn how to assess, identify, and instruct students with dyslexia as well as other poor readers. Our comprehensive training program teaches the characteristics of dyslexic and other poor readers, how to identify them, and how to teach the essential skills for successful intervention. Educators will learn how to plan and implement systematic, sequential, and unique multisensory instruction that will bring exponential and rapid gains to even the lowest achiever.
Visit the RoxieReading website for more information.
General Education Teachers’ Role in Special Education
Participants will review the core concepts of IDEA, gain an understanding of the special education process, and learn how the process meets the law. This will empower general educators to feel more confident in their role in the special education process, thus better able to meet the needs of their students.
N2X STEM Series Interactive Podcasts
Do you as an educator find yourself needing a convenient and meaningful way to complete renewal units to update your teaching certificate? Through our downloadable interactive audio you can listen anywhere, at any time to the content and conversations within STEM education. We offer 4 modules, each worth 5 renewal units – “Empathy and Equity in Education”, “Project-Based Learning”, “STEM Applications”, and “STEM Pathways”. This technology was developed to fit into the margins of your busy life. Listen while you drive, take a walk, or work around your house. The interactive features will ask questions, record your reflections on our servers for verification of completion, and link you to additional resources. When you have completed your desired renewal units, we verify your completion and issue you a Montana renewal unit certificate. It’s that easy!
Visit the N2X website for more information.
This course discusses what it means for practices to be evidence-based, how to select evidence-based practices, and the recommendations set out by ESSA and the Montana OPI.
Created by the Standards, Instruction, and Professional Learning Unit in coordination with the School Innovation and Improvement Department, Montana Office of Public Instruction.
How to Enroll: Visit the Teacher Learning Hub
PD Courses from Renew a Teaching License by Professional Learning Board
Renew a Teaching Licensure by the Professional Learning Board has 100% online professional development courses for Montana educators.
- MT Relicensure Course Package (60 hours): Includes 12 Self-Study courses (5 hours each) for a total of 60 Renewal Units to help teachers in Montana renew a teaching license. Learn instructional strategies to implement in a face-to-face, hybrid, or virtual classroom. Topics include: Classroom collaboration, curriculum development, formative assessment, inquiry-based learning, language acquisition, mathematics for all teachers, project management for students through project-based learning, reading across the curriculum, research-based instructional strategies, rubrics in teaching and learning, student-centered learning, and transformative classroom management.
- Individual Courses (5 hours each): 100% online and 5 Renewal Unit hours each. Start ANY time and no textbook is needed. Includes all content and access for 5 years. Get courses on technology, instructional strategies, special needs learners, and more!
- College Credit (15-20 hours): 100% online and semester college credits. $195 total cost. Start ANY time and no textbook is needed. Get an official transcript from a regionally accredited university. Explore courses on technology, instructional strategies, special needs learners, and more!
Advancement Courses: 100% Online Professional Development
Advancement Courses is a Montana OPI-preapproved provider offering 100% online professional development courses for K–12 educators. All courses are available for graduate credit or OPI renewal units for your license renewal and salary advancement needs. We offer 280+ courses in 20 different subject areas on foundational topics and emerging trends in education such as:
- Online, blended, and flipped learning
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- SEL, student anxiety, and trauma
- Core and specialized content areas
- Special needs and ESL/ELL
- Classroom management and instruction
…and many more. All courses are online, self-paced, and allow up to six months to complete. If you’re interested in earning graduate credit, you can choose to receive your transcript from multiple CAEP and regionally accredited university partners such as Southern New Hampshire University and Concordia University St. Paul.
Visit Advancement Courses for a complete list of courses.