Teaching Climate Change Essentials
The Teaching Climate Change Essentials professional development moves teachers through a scaffolded exploration of climate change and global warming. By the end of this course, teachers will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of climate science literacy;
- Analyze how climate change human impacts the planet and people, especially people in marginalized communities;
- Design entry points to include these fundamentals in a variety of existing K-12 curricula;
- Discover and adapt curricula and resources for use in classrooms; and
- Compare and contrast climate change solutions that teachers and students might participate in personally, locally and globally.
Participation in the Teaching Climate Change Essentials course gives K-12 educators the competencies and confidence to teach climate change within their own local context as well as recognition through teacher professional development hours, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Graduate Credit.
How to Register: Visit the Teaching Climate Change Essentials websiteView common abbreviations list
Alyson Mike, email@example.com
|Target Group||Early Childhood, K - 2, 3 - 5, 6 - 8, 9 - 12|
|Available PL Durations(s)||45 hours|
|Renewal Units/Credit||45 Renewal Units or College Credit|