Number Systems and Operations
Workshop uses learning progressions to demonstrate how content progresses and unfolds across clusters, domains, and grade levels. Participants will study the development of number concepts through operations, properties, and systems. Workshops blend presentation with collaboration and discovery and engage participants in activities grounded in understanding the structure and application of MCCSM. Content is described for middle (4-8 grades) mathematics.
- Engage in the mathematical content and practices outlined in MCCS in the context of the state’s vision and each district’s unique setting
- Expand knowledge of essential content based on key learning progressions in middle grade mathematics
- Examine, model, and create learning environments that foster the MCCS Mathematical Practices
- Use learning progressions and other available tools to enable implementation of the MCCSM
- Discover ways to align and integrate existing curriculum with the MCCSM
- Ultimately prepare for MCCSM-based assessment
Mathematics Educational Consulting, LLC
|Target Group||3 - 5, 6 - 8|
|Available PL Durations(s)||3 hours (half day)|
|Renewal Units/Credit||Renewal units available|
Includes the following: $500 facilitator/presenter fee and facilitator mileage, lodging and state per diem.