Fractions, Ratios and Proportions
This workshop uses learning progressions to discover how content progresses and unfolds across clusters, domains, and grade levels. It traces the development of proportional reasoning to its conceptual roots in fraction and ratio and blends presentation with collaboration and discovery. Participants engage in activities grounded in understanding the structure and application of MCCSM.
- Engage in the mathematical content and practices outlined in MCCS in the context of the state’s vision and each district’s unique setting
- Expand knowledge of essential content based on key learning progressions in middle grades mathematics
- Examine, model, and create learning environments that foster the MCCS Mathematical Practices
- Use learning progressions and other available tools to enable implementation of the MCCSM
- Discover ways to align and integrate existing curriculum with the MCCSM
- Ultimately prepare for MCCSM-based assessment
Mathematics Educational Consulting, LLC
|3 - 5, 6 - 8
|Available PL Durations(s)
|3 hours (half day)
|Renewal units available
Includes the following: $500 facilitator/presenter fee and facilitator mileage, lodging and state per diem.