Pathway to a Data Use Culture in Montana Conference
The third annual Montana Data Use Conference will be held at the Strand Union Building on the beautiful Montana State University – Bozeman campus. The dates for the 1.5 day conference are September 19 – 20, 2018.
The State of Montana uses the GEMS Data Warehouse for research and evaluation purposes and this conference will highlight the research we sponsor. We seek to understand more about schools and their students, specifically where they struggle and where they thrive so that we can better understand how to help every student succeed.
Who Should Attend? Anyone with an interest in education data from PreK through postsecondary–superintendents, principals, teachers, board members, university faculty/staff, university students, local education agency staff, state education agency staff, IT/technical staff and directors.
Registration is capped at 200. Please register early.
- Early bird registration ($25) – Closes on Friday, August 31
- Standard registration ($45) – Closes on Tuesday, September 18
- Student registration ($15) – Closes on Tuesday, September 18
- On-site registration ($45) will be available at the conference
- All conference registration fees are non-refundable.
- All cancellations and substitutions must be emailed to Toni Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No-shows will be subject to the full conference fee at the time of registration. If advanced payment was not received, you will be invoiced for the full amount owed.
2018 Montana Behavioral Initiative (MBI) Summer Institute
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Check and Connect
- Creating a School Wide Discipline Plan in the Elementary
- Creating School Wide Discipline Plans for Secondary Schools
- Setting Up Positive Behavioral Supports in Early Childhood
- Behavioral Threat Assessments in Schools
- Social Media Investigations
- Alternatives to Suspension
- Helping Kids with Their Digital Reputation and Cyberbullying
- School Wellness—Moving Kids to Better Behavior
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Content area sessions in Reading, Math, and Science!
Our traditional 5 day schedule has been condensed into 4 power packed days.
Join us for special events!
- June 18th, 8:30 – 11:30AM., Join us for the opening keynote Supporting Mental Health in PBIS with Don Kincaid.
- June 18th, 4:30 – 5:30PM, It’s Movie Night with a special showing of Chasing the Dragon a wrenching portrait of the escalating opioid epidemic.
- June 19th, 4:30-6PM, Best Practices Expo featuring hors d’oeuvres, networking, and showcasing Montana MBI schools with music by Monte Selby
- June 21st, 1:15 – 4:15PM, The MBI exemplar awards for schools who have obtained excellence in their school implementing the MBI process.
- Opportunities for hikes and walks around Bozeman
Who Should Attend
General and special education teachers, parents, administrators, school psychologists and counselors, social workers, licensed professional counselors, mental health professionals, probation officers, police officers, university students and others concerned with children and behavior issues in classrooms, schools, and the community.
Celebrating Innovative Learning
Previously known as the Alternative Education Conference, the Innovative Learning Conference will embrace all forms of innovative learning including traditionally alternative, public charter, personalized learning, and other innovative approaches. Guest speakers will include OPI personnel, experts from the field who are implementing innovative strategies, and representatives from other agencies with whom we all partner for the benefit of students. There will be large group sessions, round-table discussions, and 15 different sectionals from which you can chose to learn more about how to implement innovative strategies in any school.
There is no cost to attend.
Accommodations are not included, however there is a block of rooms at the Radisson Colonial Hotel. Please make your own reservations, if needed. You may also call 406-443-2100. Mention the “OPI Celebrating Innovative Learning” room block.
Dinner is provided on Thursday night as well as breakfast on Friday morning.