2018 Montana Behavioral Initiative (MBI) Summer Institute
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Check and Connect
- Creating a School Wide Discipline Plan in the Elementary
- Creating School Wide Discipline Plans for Secondary Schools
- Setting Up Positive Behavioral Supports in Early Childhood
- Behavioral Threat Assessments in Schools
- Social Media Investigations
- Alternatives to Suspension
- Helping Kids with Their Digital Reputation and Cyberbullying
- School Wellness—Moving Kids to Better Behavior
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Content area sessions in Reading, Math, and Science!
Our traditional 5 day schedule has been condensed into 4 power packed days.
Join us for special events!
- June 18th, 8:30 – 11:30AM., Join us for the opening keynote Supporting Mental Health in PBIS with Don Kincaid.
- June 18th, 4:30 – 5:30PM, It’s Movie Night with a special showing of Chasing the Dragon a wrenching portrait of the escalating opioid epidemic.
- June 19th, 4:30-6PM, Best Practices Expo featuring hors d’oeuvres, networking, and showcasing Montana MBI schools with music by Monte Selby
- June 21st, 1:15 – 4:15PM, The MBI exemplar awards for schools who have obtained excellence in their school implementing the MBI process.
- Opportunities for hikes and walks around Bozeman
Who Should Attend
General and special education teachers, parents, administrators, school psychologists and counselors, social workers, licensed professional counselors, mental health professionals, probation officers, police officers, university students and others concerned with children and behavior issues in classrooms, schools, and the community.
Montana Writing PLC
Join teachers from across the state as they have an online conversation about writing. Share strategies, ask questions, meet teachers and enjoy inspiring professional time with your colleagues! Every 2nd Wednesday of the month.
Fire on the Page: Writing to the Bone!
The Yellowstone Writing Project invites principals, curriculum leaders, and teachers of all disciplines and grade levels, to this amazing conference at the Museum of the Rockies (MOR) in Bozeman, MT. Throughout the day, we will focus on writing in museums and similar spaces, letting the rich history and science inspire us. We will also be using archives (on-site MOR resources and digital sources from both the MOR and renowned Montana writer, Ivan Doig) to bring multiple disciplines to life through writing.
Our YWP Teacher Consultants will pair with staff members from the Museum of the Rockies, the Montana State University Library, and conference participants to explore how we can maximize the full learning and writing potential of museum and library resources. Teachers of all disciplines and grade levels are invited, and teams of teachers are encouraged! We also invite principals and curriculum leaders who are interested in thinking more about how writing builds and utilizes community.