2018 Montana Behavioral Initiative (MBI) Summer Institute
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Check and Connect
- Creating a School Wide Discipline Plan in the Elementary
- Creating School Wide Discipline Plans for Secondary Schools
- Setting Up Positive Behavioral Supports in Early Childhood
- Behavioral Threat Assessments in Schools
- Social Media Investigations
- Alternatives to Suspension
- Helping Kids with Their Digital Reputation and Cyberbullying
- School Wellness—Moving Kids to Better Behavior
- Functional Behavior Assessments
- Content area sessions in Reading, Math, and Science!
Our traditional 5 day schedule has been condensed into 4 power packed days.
Join us for special events!
- June 18th, 8:30 – 11:30AM., Join us for the opening keynote Supporting Mental Health in PBIS with Don Kincaid.
- June 18th, 4:30 – 5:30PM, It’s Movie Night with a special showing of Chasing the Dragon a wrenching portrait of the escalating opioid epidemic.
- June 19th, 4:30-6PM, Best Practices Expo featuring hors d’oeuvres, networking, and showcasing Montana MBI schools with music by Monte Selby
- June 21st, 1:15 – 4:15PM, The MBI exemplar awards for schools who have obtained excellence in their school implementing the MBI process.
- Opportunities for hikes and walks around Bozeman
Who Should Attend
General and special education teachers, parents, administrators, school psychologists and counselors, social workers, licensed professional counselors, mental health professionals, probation officers, police officers, university students and others concerned with children and behavior issues in classrooms, schools, and the community.
12th Annual Indian Education for All Best Practices Conference
Multiple breakout sessions focusing on contemporary issues in Indian country and successful integration of IEFA into all content areas will be offered over 2 1/2 days. Sunday, March 4th, will see a return of the mini institutes. Registration will open in November and will be limited to 200 participants. More information to come via the Indian Education Division’s webpage.
Montana ASCD Spring Best Practices meeting
The Montana ASCD is hosting its spring Best Practices meeting at Canyon Creek School in Billings. The meeting is open to the public. Assessment practices will be the topic of discussion. Visit the Montana ASCD’s website for more information.
Montana ASCD Early Winter Best Practices Meeting
The Montana ASCD is hosting its Best Practices meeting at Morning Star School in Bozeman. The meeting is open to the public. Topics for discussion at this meeting will educating the whole child and the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS).